Medspa Marketing – why everyone is leaving your website!
Medspa marketing, in particular pay per click is just one piece of the puzzle. As you’ll find out below, more traffic isn’t always the answer. You must view medspa marketing as a machine with multiple parts, the website, pay per click, seo. That’s all before someone even picks up the phone to book a consultation.
Problem: 95% of visitors were leaving a medspa website in less than 10 seconds
Hypothesis: People would visit more pages and stay on the site longer if there we removed the “procedure” step and made the treatments and important information options visible and within one click, anywhere in the site.
- 5.5% of visitors were going to more than one page
- 5.12% of visitors were staying for more than 10 seconds. Not good!
Time visitors spent on the Medspa website:
Half way into June a new navigation format was made to the site. Enabling visitors to get from any procedure to the next or view information about the doctor within one click.
The results were immediate:
- 14.79% were visiting more than one page
- 14.62% were staying more than 10 seconds
Time visitors spent on the Medspa website in June:
July would be our first whole month with the new navigation and the totals we saw were similar to the second half of June, post navigation change.
- 39.45% of visitors viewed more than one page
- 38.18% stayed more than 10 seconds
- 13.16% were one the site from 1-3 minutes a 10x increase over the May numbers
Time visitors spent on Medpsa website in July:
August would tell the same story, confirming the original hypothesis. The lesson being, make things extremely easy and accessible within the fewest clicks possible, preferably one click.
- 41.1% of visitors would stay longer than 10 seconds
- 42% would visit more than one page.
Time visitors spent on the Medspa website in August:
Obviously visitors don’t pay the bills, there was a corresponding increase in phone calls & consultations to go along with the visitor stats.
For a 15 minute, no pitch/no sell website diagnosis contact us at 303-790-1602 x 701