What is Google My Business Messaging?
Google offers a number of beneficial tools to businesses that allow you to track consumer behavior, advertise to your target market, and grow your exposure. Google My Business (GMB) is one of many tools that allows you to engage with your customers and improve localized search results. There are many features within Google My Business that can be beneficial to business owners. Here, we’ll talk specifically about the messaging capabilities within GMB.
What is Google My Business Message?
You’ve probably encountered GMB many times in the past. Anytime you search for a phrase that includes the words “near me,” GMB uses geolocation data to identify where you are physically located and which businesses with GMB profiles are nearby.
This is a great way to attract both locals and travelers alike to your brick-and-mortar location. Once you’ve set up a GMB account with your company’s information (address, hours, etc.), you have the option to enable Google My Business messaging. This feature would allow anyone who sees your GMB page to directly message your business and you have the ability to respond.
When you set up a GMB account, your business will appear on the search engine results page (SERP) and display relevant information as well as buttons leading to your website, Google maps directions, your phone number, and message (if you choose to turn on this feature).
Why Should You be Using it?
- Engage Directly With Potential Customers
- Having a direct line of communication with your customers is a huge advantage. You can answer specific questions and add a personal touch to the business.
- Set Automated Messages
- If there are any questions that your business tends to receive repeatedly, you can use Google My Business messages to set automatic responses triggered by certain words, providing valuable information to potential customers without the need to constantly check your messages.
- Customize Messaging
- The message feature on Google My Business allows companies to customize the welcome message users receive, a useful way to offer people a more personalized experience.
- Share Photos
- Through the messaging feature, business owners can send photos to customers at their request. Perhaps you sell antique furniture or vintage items that a potential customer wants to see before making a trip to the store to purchase. You can take photos and send via messaging to provide additional details.
Get Your Google My Business Account Set Up Today
Creating an account and enabling features like Google My Business messaging can add a great deal of value to your business. With a GMB account, you can grow your exposure, improve local SEO marketing efforts, and communicate more directly with your audience.